Northeast Guidance Center (NEGC) is a community-based behavioral health agency founded by the Junior League of Detroit in 1963 to provide services to children on Detroit’s eastside. NEGC’s mission is to provide innovative, community-based services to children and adults and their families which promote total wellness with an emphasis on mental health. Annually, NEGC serves over 950 children and 3000 adults. Since its inception, NEGC has been a catalyst for change by working to build strong communities where people are mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy.
All programming offered by NEGC provide each participant and his/her support system with the following:
- Recovery, resiliency, self-determination
- Responsible to the needs of the community and advocates for community support
- Supportive of self-management and education on mental illnesses and of family education
- Focus on prevention and stabilization
- Timely, caring, consumer driven services